Product Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions (“T&C”), as amended from time to time are the complete and exclusive statements of understanding between HT Media Limited (“HTML”) & the Users and shall enroll for availing the Services on https://htschool.hindustantimes.com/ (hereinafter referred to as the “HT SCHOOL) ”). It supersedes all other prior understanding, whether oral or written. All representation or other communications between the HTML & the User amounts to acceptance of these terms & conditions.
2. HT School is Hindustan Times’ 1st Omni channel website, imparting beyond classroom courses to students. These are Online Self paced courses, Instructor Led Courses available on https://htschool.hindustantimes.com/
3. Students from Class 1st onward can enroll for different courses available on HT School.
4. Wide Variety of Courses including academic, vocational artificial intelligence etc. are offered to Students via HTSchool.
5. Individual Registration: User shall create an account either for himself/herself or for the prospective Participant.
6. Bulk Registration :
a. Cheque Payment made by school: School shall collect the data of the students and create the data in the Bulk Registration excel to share with HTML. Further the cheques will be collected and handed over to a representative of HTML by the School.
b. Online Payment made by school: School shall collect the data of the students and create the data in the Bulk Registration excel and share with the HTML. Payments shall be made via the customized payment link sent to the School
7. Cancellation and Refund :
a. 24 Hrs Refund only if the Student has paid online and has not initiated the enrolled Course. The amount of refund shall reflect in the source of payment within 7-10 business days.
b. For the students from Bulk Upload via schools no refund shall be entertained.
c. If the Student has clicked on a Listing Website, HT School will not be responsible for any cancellation or refund, it will be the sole discretion of the Course Partner.
8. User Dashboard details: Student will be able to view and track his/her activity on the Students Dashboard, for the courses enrolled on HT School Website.
9. Any attempt by a User to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the HT School is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves its right to seek damages from any such User to the fullest extent as permitted by law.
10. HTML, and/or its subsidiaries, offices and representatives shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by a User or any third party, whether in connection with the usage of HT School, or for breach of any warranty or in tort.
11. User agrees to indemnify HTML, its agents, employees, representatives, associates, affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies against any and all claim, losses, costs, damages, liability and expenses arising out of the User’s breach of any of the T&C or arising out of or in connection with their use of the HT School.
12. HTML shall not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of any User’s information. This will include but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost or delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
13. The laws of the India shall govern these T&C. The courts of Delhi will have exclusive jurisdiction in case of any dispute arising under the Terms and Conditions herein.
14. Any provision of the T&C that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of that prohibition or unenforceability. That does not affect the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction nor invalidate the remaining provisions of the T&C.
15. Any provision of the T&C that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of that prohibition or unenforceability. That does not affect the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction nor invalidate the remaining provisions of the T&C.
16. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the User while enrolling for HT School.
17. Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
18. Payments: HT School is a paid service and the payments made by the User for enrolling shall be as offered by HT School. All payments by Users shall be through the payment mechanism put in place by HTML. Users shall been various options to choose from and proceed with the payment for the enrollment via payment mechanisms including but not limited to Card Payment facilities, EMI Payment, Online Bank Transfer and Wallet Payment. It is hereby clarified that the payment gateway mechanisms are governed by the terms and conditions of the third party providers as listed on the Platform and the User agrees to be bound by those terms. Valid Credit / Debit/ Cash Card/ online bank transfers and other payment instruments are processed using a Credit Card payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms agreed to between the Users and the respective issuing bank and payment instrument issuing company. HTML shall not be liable for any unauthorized use, fraud, payment refunds, lost amount etc. in the transaction.
19. User Communication: User hereby explicitly consent to receiving communication from HTML or representative by email, telephone, Whatsapp or text message for the purposes of providing alerts and information about our services.
20. User Content: The information, photo, image, chat communication, text, software, data, music, sound, graphics, messages, videos or other materials transmitted, uploaded, posted, emailed or otherwise made available to HTML (“User Content“), are entirely user’s responsibility and HTML will not be held responsible, in any manner whatsoever, in connection to the User Content. The User agrees not to encourage or assist or engage others as well as himself/herself in transmitting, hosting, displaying, uploading, modifying, publishing transmitting, updating or sharing any information that belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to. HTML shall in no way be held responsible for examining or evaluating User Content, nor does it assume any responsibility or liability for the User Content. HTML does not endorse or control the User Content transmitted or posted on the Site by the User and therefore, accuracy, integrity or quality of User Content is not guaranteed by HTML. User understands that by using the Site, he/she may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable to him/her. Under no circumstances will HTML be liable in any way for any User Content, including without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any User Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by him/her as a result of the use of any User Content transmitted, uploaded, posted, e-mailed or otherwise made available via the Site. User hereby waive all rights to any claims against HTML for any alleged or actual infringements of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution in connection with User Content.
21. Account: User will be responsible for maintaining confidentiality of his/her account, password, and restricting access to his/her computer, and he/she hereby accepts responsibility for all activities that occur under his/her account and password. User acknowledges that the information he/she provides, in any manner whatsoever, are not confidential or proprietary and does not infringe any rights of any third party.
If a User knows or has reasons to believe that the security of he/her account has been breached, he/she should contact HTML immediately at the Contact Information provided below. If HTML finds a breach or suspects a breach of the security of a User’s account, HTML may require the User to change the password, or suspend the account without any liability to HTML.
22. HTML reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend or vary any of these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice or intimation.