This Terms and Conditions (this “Agreement or Terms”) shall govern your use of products, including services from Hindustan Times Media Limited, Web platform (“HTML”, “or “we” or “us”) as offered from time to time, unless other terms and conditions expressly govern. The User(s) of the HT School website ("User"/ “You”) must carefully read and agree to the following Terms, including any future amendments before using the website. The expressions “You” “Your” or “User(s)” refers to any person who accesses or uses the website for any purpose (commercial or non-commercial).
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the Site is uninterrupted and that transmission is error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, User(s) access to the Site may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or services at any time without prior notice. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
User(s) represent and warrant that they have the right to avail or use the Product provided by HTML, including but limited to the website or any other services which may be provided by HTML in relation to the use of the Site ("Product "). HTML Product can only be availed by those individuals, which are authorised under applicable law to form legally binding agreements. User(s) may use this Web Site and/or Products herein solely for personal purposes. Any commercial gain from the use of the Site and/or any the Product herein is prohibited and punishable under applicable law.
The User(s) shall do their own due diligence before entering into any transaction or purchase of any Product on the website. HTML Product shall not be available to User(s) whose accounts have been temporarily or indefinitely suspended by HTML.
To become a registered User(s) of the Web Site, a proper procedure has been made available on the Web Site, which is for the convenience of User(s) so that they can easily use the website.
User(s) can become registered User(s) by filling an on-line registration form on the Web Site by providing the required information (including name, contact information, etc.). HTML will establish an account ("Account") for the User(s) upon successful registration and will assign a user alias ("User ID") and password ("Password") for log-in access to the User(s) Account.
User(s) registering on the Web Site on behalf of another User represent and warrant that: (a) they have the requisite authority to bind such User(s) under this Agreement (b) all information provided to HTML during the registration process is true, accurate, current and complete.
User(s) agree that by registering on the Site or website, they consent to the inclusion of their personal data in HTML on-line database and authorize HTML to share such information with other User(s). HTML may refuse registration and deny participation and associated User ID and Password to any User(s) for whatever reason. HTML may suspend or terminate a registered membership at any time without any prior notification in the interest of HTML or in the general interest of its User(s) without assigning any reason thereof and there shall arise no further liability on HTML of whatsoever nature due to the suspension or termination of the User account.
The term “Product" shall mean and refer to the HTML Product, for the Users to enrol.
The User is required to enrol and participate in the Product for the use of the Product. We may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Product at any time. We may also impose or limit any feature or restrict access to parts or all of the Product without notice or liability. We reserve the right to modify the Product at any time, without any prior approval or consent from the User(s).
Processing and Payment
We shall process User’s enrolment onto the Product for the use of the Product as promptly as possible. Access to availing the Product may be delayed while payment details are verified. We reserve the right to refuse enrolment to any person or User at any point of time without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
All materials or Products published or available (including, but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, images, illustrations, designs, audio clips, video clips, “look and feel,” metadata, data, or compilations, arrangement and assembly, all also known as the "Content") are protected by copyright, property and owned or controlled by us or the party credited as the provider of the Content. User(s) shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Products. We grant User(s) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access the Product and Content. Except for the foregoing, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to User.
User(s) must not copy, sell, reproduce, republish, upload, post, modify or modify the said Content, transmit or distribute such Content in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and User(s) must not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification of the Content and/or use of the Content on any other website or networked computer environment or use of the Content for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights and is prohibited. Any use for which User(s) receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause. The use of the Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. User(s) shall not copy or adapt our code that is created to generate any Content or the pages making up any of its website, which is also protected by our copyright.
User arrangement with Bank
All Valid Credit / Debit / Cash Card / and other payment instruments are processed using a Credit Card payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between the User and the respective Issuing Bank and payment instrument issuing company.
All Online Bank Transfers from Valid Bank Accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective Issuing Bank, which supports Payment Facility to provide these Products to the Users. All such Online Bank Transfers on Payment Facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between the User and the respective Issuing Bank. In case of any chargeback or dispute raised by the User, we are in no way obligated or required to refund the amount for whatever was purchased.
Rights and Duties of the User(s)
- User(s) shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their account, username and passwords and for restricting access to their computer to prevent unauthorised access to the account. User(s) shall be solely responsible for all activities happening under their Username, whether authorized or not. User agrees to immediately notify us in case of any unauthorized use of their Account and Password or if the User has any reason to believe that the password has become known to anyone else.
- User(s) shall be responsible for use of the Site and for any consequences arising thereof. The User agrees to use the Site in accordance with all laws, rules and regulations, as applicable, from time to time, including without limitation, IT laws and laws relating to unfair competition, antidiscrimination, false advertising and defamation. The User further agrees that the usage of the Site by the User shall not violate any third-party rights, including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights, Right of Privacy and Right of Publicity. In addition to the above, the User will not use the Site in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material, including without limitation Content, that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful. Any violation of any of the foregoing, including the terms and conditions mentioned herein shall result in immediate termination of this Terms and Conditions. Moreover, we reserve the right to seek damages from any such User to the extent permitted by law.
- User is also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of Site including, without limitation, the following activities;
- Accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with the access of the Product to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to Web Site, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing";
- Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences, which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting the User who are involved in such violations.
- We specifically prohibit the posting of any User(s) content, which provides the following and/or has the effect of the following. The list below is for illustration only and is not a complete list of all prohibited User Content. The User Content:
- Is implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Harasses, incites harassment or advocates harassment of another group or individual;
- Involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- Promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libellous or which amounts to contempt of any judicial authority;
- Contains restricted or password-only access pages or hidden pages or images;
- Displays or links to obscene, indecent pornographic material of any kind;
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation, provides or creates computer viruses or pirating any media; and solicits passwords or personal identifying information from other Users.
- We reserve the right without prior notice to access, read preserve and/or disclose the personal information of the User if the same is required:
- In order to comply with any court judgment / decree / order / directive;
- By any legal / government authority;
- By applicable law;
- By professional / legal advisers, directors, employees / agents / representatives of HTML in connection with this Agreement or otherwise;
- For investigating potential violations of the terms herein or applicable national and international laws;
- For investigating deliberate damage to the Products or its legitimate operation;
- For responding to support requests; or
- For protecting the rights, property or safety of HTML and/or its Directors, employees and the general public at large.
- We reserve the right to store and process the personal information provided by the User in India or any other country where HTML or its agents / representatives / group companies maintain storage and processing facilities and the User by using the Product herein consents to any such transfer of information outside India without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to create limits / restrictions on the use of the Product at our sole discretion without assigning any reason whatsoever and without giving any prior notices.
- We do not warrant that the Web Site will operate without any technical error and is free from any computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. We shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any consequences, claims, damages, costs etc. arising out of any of the above-said reasons or due to any force majeure factors and/or due to any reasons beyond the control of HTML. We, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the content, services, software, text, graphics and links used on the Site.
- HTML’s maximum liability arising out of or in connection with the Site, regardless of the cause of action (whether in contract, tort, breach of warranty or otherwise), will not exceed the amount paid towards the enrolment by the User.
- We shall not be responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for the exercise or non-exercise of its rights herein.
- All HTML trade names, trademarks, logos, domain names including without limitation, Hindustan, HTML, etc. and all content on HT School, are the exclusive property of HTML and the User shall not use the same without the prior written permission of HTML.
- HTML reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or revise these terms and conditions at any point of time, without prior notice, and the User agrees to be bound by such amendments or revisions. It is therefore suggested that the User must periodically review the updated version of these terms and conditions.
- User shall ensure that the details provided to us are correct and complete. User should inform us immediately of any changes to the information that was provided when registering on Site. User can access and update much of the information which was provided to us. Users agree and acknowledge that User will use its account on the Site to purchase products only for their personal use and not for business purposes. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Site, terminate accounts, remove or edit content at any time without notice to User.
Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
USER HEREBY AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AVAILABLE IS ON AN "AS-IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND HT SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, we do not warrant that:
This Site will be constantly available or available at all; or the information on this Site is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
We will not be liable to the User in any way or in relation to the Contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Site. We do not warrant that this Site; information, Content, materials, Product (including software) or Services included on or otherwise made available to User through the Site; their servers; or electronic communication sent from us are free of viruses or other harmful components. All the Contents of this Site are only for general information or use. They do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision.
The information from or through this Site is provided on "AS IS" basis, and all warranties, expressed or implied of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining to any goods, Service or channel, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement are disclaimed and excluded. Certain links on the Site lead to resources located on servers maintained by third parties over whom we have no control or connection, business or otherwise as these Sites are external to us. User hereby agrees and understands that by visiting such Sites User is beyond the HT’s website. We therefore neither endorses nor offers any judgment or warranty and accepts no responsibility or liability for the authenticity/availability of any of the goods/Services/or for any damage, loss or harm, direct or consequential or any violation of local or international laws that may be incurred by your visit and/or transaction/s on these Sites.
HINDUSTAN TIMES MEDIA LIMITED AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTENT PROVIDERS, AGENTS ("THE HT PARTIES") WILL NOT BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO USER OR ANY OTHER PERSON AS A RESULT OF ACCESS OR USE OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR CONTENT, FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS AND LOST REVENUES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "EXCLUDED DAMAGES"), WHETHER OR NOT CHARACTERIZED IN NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF ANY OF THE HT PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN ANY OF THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY FAILURE OF AN ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF A LIMITED REMEDY.
When User visits the Site, User is communicating with us electronically. User will be required to provide a valid phone number or e-mail while placing an order with us. We may communicate with User by e-mail, SMS, phone call or by any other mode of communication. For contractual purposes, User consent to receive communications (including transactional, promotional and/or commercial messages), from us with respect to User use of the Site and/or User order placed on the Site.
Children: Use of Site is available only to Users or persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are a minor, i.e., under the age of 18 years, you may use Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
- Headings for any section of the Agreement are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
- HTML shall have the right to assign its obligations and duties in this Agreement and in any other agreement relating HTML Product to any person or entity.
- If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions of the Agreement shall be enforced.